Country Night on “Dancing with the Stars” ended with a surprise double elimination. According to the combined predictions of Gold Derby users, Joe Amabile and Alexis Ren were the likeliest contestants to be sent home, but instead it was John Schneider and DeMarcus Ware. However, our readers were only half-outraged by that outcome. Scroll down to our complete poll results.
Ware was the bigger shocker. He’s a former NFL star, and football players have a storied history on “DWTS,” including four past Mirror Ball Trophy champions. And at first it looked like Ware would follow in those footsteps. He started the season at the top of the judges’ leaderboard, and while he lost some ground after that he was always well liked by the panel. He was well liked by our readers too: a whopping 89% thought he was “robbed,” compared to only 11% who thought he deserved to go.
Schneider hadn’t fared quite as well with the judges, and at age 58 he was the oldest celeb in the competition, which already put him at a disadvantage. But the judges were especially rough on him on Halloween Night — unfairly I think. He landed at the bottom of the leaderboard that night, and it was those scores that decided this week’s double ouster in combination with viewer votes. But only 40% of readers disagreed with his exit. The other 60% thought it was his time to go.
But let’s be honest, both eliminations seem odd when you consider that Grocery Store Joe is still in the competition. He has had unprecedented support from fans, who have kept him on the show even though he has received the lowest judges’ score on seven out of eight nights of competition thus far — an all-time record. How much longer will he last, and what other outrageous eliminations will we see before he’s sent home?
Be sure to make your predictions so that the contestants can see how they’re faring in our racetrack odds. You can keep changing your predictions until just before the next episode airs every Monday on ABC. You’ll compete to win a spot on our leaderboard and eternal bragging rights. See our contest rules and sound off with other fans in our reality TV forum. Read more Gold Derby entertainment news.