Home Forums Movies Best Actor 2019

Best Actor 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
7 days ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Marcus.H
Andrew D
Luca Giliberti
  • AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Actor 2019

Here are the top ten actors from the prediction center

Christian Bale – BackSeat
    Ryan Gosling – first man
    Bradley Cooper- A Star is Born
    Robert Redford – the old man and the Gun
    Tami Malek- Bohemian Rhapsody
    Willem Dafoe- At Eternity’s gate
    Lucas Hedges – Boy erased
    Steve Carell –Beautiful Boy
    Ethan Hawke – First Reformed
    Hugh Jackman- The Front Runner

Who do you think will be the top five

Im thinking

Redford
    Gosling
    Cooper
    Bale
    Carell

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Christian Bale
    2. Ryan Gosling
    3. Bradley Cooper
    4. Robert Redford
    5. Willem Dafoe

6. Rami Malek
    7. Steve Carell
    8. Hugh Jackman
    9. Lucas Hedges
    10. John David Washington

ricardo505
    Participant
    Topics:

Bale has won recently, so I don’t think he’ll win (but I think he’ll get a nomination). I guess it’s going to be something like “reward Gosling for the first time or reward Redford for the first time since 1981 (and first for acting)”.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Bale has won recently, so I don’t think he’ll win

It’s been almost a decade, a lot of people have won twice in a shorter span of time, I don’t see why it would be a problem for someone like Bale if the performance is there. This would also be his first win in lead.

AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

I think its between Gosling and Redford … Im leaning towards redford after the not so amazing reviews for Gosling

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

dorseyhorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

The last couple years have been underwhelming in this category, glad it’s actually looking competitive this time. I’ve got:

Gosling
    Cooper
    Dafoe
    Hedges
    Bale

lovelylovely
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Christian Bale, Vice/Bradley Cooper, A Star is Born
    3. Ryan Gosling, First Man
    4. Robert Redford, The Old Man and the Gun
    5. Willem Dafoe, At Eternity’s Gate

I’m waiting to watch ASIB before I decide between Bale and Cooper. I have no idea about #5 at this point, so I have Dafoe for now. His performance was raved at Venice, but the distributor gives me pause. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Harmon Van deth
    Participant
    Topics:

Ryan Gosling, First Man

Christian Bale, Backseat

Willem Dafoe, At Eternitys Gate

Bradley Cooper, A Star Is Born

Robert Redford, Old Man and the Gun

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I have no idea about #5 at this point, so I have Dafoe for now. His performance was raved at Venice, but the distributor gives me pause. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think he’s the one to look out for. He’s getting rave reviews, is playing a historical figure and is coming off a loss last year that a lot of people think he should have won, he might be competitive for the win. CBS films at least has a small track record with Hell or High Water and we saw Neon get Robbie a nom last year so anythings possible.

Thomas Eagan
    Participant
    Topics:

Redford
    Gosling
    Bale
    Cooper
    Malek

Hedges
    Dafoe
    Jackman

O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

1.Bradley Cooper
    2.Ryan Gosling
    3.Willem Dafoe
    4.Steve Carrell
    5.Robert Redford
    —————-
    6.Lucas Hedges
    7.Rami Malek

I´m not predicting Bale until we have a trailer and reviews

nicholas27
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like Gosling is the biggest lock for a nom (definitely not a win), but if Willem Dafoe gets nominated or Christian Bale is as outstanding as I assume he’ll be, I think it’ll be between the two of them. Redford could sneak in but his reviews seem nice and sweet, not really raves.

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like Gosling is the biggest lock for a nom (definitely not a win

really? I see him (And Chazelle) being the front runners to be the Amy Adam snub of this year, if that flag controversy keeps building heat, those 2 would be the first affect imo since they’re the ones who spoke up defending their choice. Last year victim was Martin McDonaugh (in Director)

dorseyhorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

really? I see him (And Chazelle) being the front runners to be the Amy Adam snub of this year, if that flag controversy keeps building heat, those 2 would be the first affect imo since they’re the ones who spoke up defending their choice. Last year victim was Martin McDonaugh (in Director)

The flag “controversy” won’t make a difference. Even if the voters don’t have eyes and can’t see the flags all over the uniforms and on the moon without a separate  shot dedicated to planting it, I doubt there’s enough mouth frothing jingoist MAGAts in the Academy for it to make a difference. Not comparable to the Three Billboards backlash, which actually had to do with the content of the film.

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

The flag “controversy” won’t make a difference. Even if the voters don’t have eyes and can’t see the flags all over the uniforms and on the moon without a separate shot dedicated to planting it, I doubt there’s enough mouth frothing jingoist MAGAts in the Academy for it to make a difference. Not comparable to the Three Billboards backlash, which actually had to do with the content of the film.

oh I know that, but u don’t need a controversy to get the Amy Adams snub. It would only make it easier. It’s happened annually to some1 every year since 2011. If we just count SAG/DGA/GG/BAFTA as precursor (almost all of them made CC as well)

2011 – Tilda Swinton (won before)
    2012 – Ben Affleck (won before), Kathryn Bigelow (won before), Marion Cotillard (won before), Helen Mirren (won before)
    2013 – Emma Thompson (won before), Tom Hanks (won before), Daniel Bruhl
    2014 – Jake Gyllenhaal
    2015 – Idris Elba, Ridley Scott
    2016 – Amy Adams
    2017 – Martin McDonaugh – Director (won before)

Chazelle fits nicely with this list, (I expect him to take the hit first anyways if it were to happen) we should just expect some1 to get the snub annually at this point. And if u can somehow lose bp with 14 nominations, it’s not hard to imagine getting the snub if I had to pick the one missing. Only mentioning Gosling being a potential snub cuz nobody else on the acting races right now seem to have anything negative going against them…besides age (and it seems to always happen in the acting race).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Best Actor 2019’ is closed to new replies.