Home Forums Television Emmy Awards 2018 Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

Emmy Awards 2018 Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 501 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Riley
Eden
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The Gold Derby predictions center for the 2018 Emmy Awards launches today! We know that nominations aren’t even announced for over four months from now, but it’s just too exciting to hold back making our first picks of the year. It’s especially important to start this event today since the Oscars will be gone after this weekend.

So what are some of the major storylines of this TV season for the Emmys? Well, the bad news for HBO is that “Veep,” three-time defending champ as Best Comedy Series, is not going to be eligible since new episodes aren’t expected until 2019. That also means the six-year winning streak will be over for Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Best Comedy Actress.

Among the seven comedy contenders at last year’s ceremony, “Master of None” is also going to be ineligible. Returning shows could be “Atlanta,” “black-ish,” “Modern Family,” “Silicon Valley” and “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.” And speaking of returns, a few programs could be back at the Emmys after really long absences: “Arrested Development,” “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” “Roseanne” and “Will and Grace.”

The good news for HBO is that “Game of Thrones” comes roaring back for the Emmys after missing last year. It should be an epic battle between the winner from 2015 and 2016 against the reigning Best Drama Series champ, “The Handmaid’s Tale.” AMC’s “Better Call Saul” will not debut in time for the 2018 awards, but “The Crown,” “Stranger Things, “This Is Us” and “Westworld” will be eligible. We’re not sure yet about “House of Cards” for Netflix after much-publicized production delays.

As you make your predictions in these 16 categories for comedies, dramas, TV movies and limited series, please keep in mind that this is just the first version of our 2018 event. As we learn more from the networks and studios about their genre and acting placements for campaigns, we will continue to make updates over the next few months.

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Does Murphy Brown come back in time?

ReplyCopy URL
    Stretchy
    Participant
    Topics:

Whoop diddy scoop!

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

OMG yes!!! I am so ready!!

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

YAAAA let’s go! Fuck Oscar season!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Sharp Objects won’t be eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Please add Antonio Baderas (Genius: Picasso).

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Soo many questions about some of the placement here. Jason Mitchell in lead? Seven Seconds in drama? Regina King in lead? Harrington and Clarke in lead? Fiennes in lead? No Samira Wiley? American Vandal in Limted? Did Sharp Objects release date change? So many more.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jack J.
    Participant
    Topics:

Soo many questions about some of the placement here. Jason Mitchell in lead? Seven Seconds in drama? Regina King in lead? Harrington and Clarke in lead? Fiennes in lead? No Samira Wiley? American Vandal in Limted? Did Sharp Objects release date change? So many more.

I believe it was confirmed that Harrington and Clarke are in lead back in November. Sharp Objects is in the summer, I believe.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

The excitement is over the roof!

A few suggestions:
    Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley)
    Zazie Beetz (Atlanta)
    Cecily Strong (Saturday Night Live)
    Aidy Bryant (Saturday Night Live)
    Regina King (Seven Seconds)

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

Limited categories are a wasteland.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

The excitement is over the roof!

A few suggestions:
    Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley)
    Zazie Beetz (Atlanta)
    Cecily Strong (Saturday Night Live)
    Aidy Bryant (Saturday Night Live)
    Regina King (Seven Seconds)

Last time I checked all these were in there except for Aidy Bryant.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

My predictions are in! 🙂

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis (and my annual Oscar predictions contest), please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    Alienware
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it confirmed that Arrested Development will be back in time to make the cut?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Arrested Development finished filming back in November, Ron Howard is recording narration now and David Cross anticipates a spring release.

Emilia Clarke and Kit Harington were only confirmed as lead in November for the Globes.  I could see them sticking with supporting for the Emmys, given the extra slots and the gambit failing at the Globes.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 501 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.